Saturday, July 20, 2019

The user ID or password that you entered is incorrect - Siebel IP2017 SMC Login Failure

I was not able to login to SMC after a fresh install, the error message displayed was:

---------------------------
Message from webpage
---------------------------
The user ID or password that you entered is incorrect.
---------------------------
OK   
---------------------------


Of course the credentials I was using was the same as the ones provided during installation, but it was not working, regardless of what I tried.

I also tested changing the certificates as it is responsible for 99% of the errors during SMC utilization, but it wasn't the case this time.

So finally what I did to solve the issue was changing the JRE that comes with installation,. I don't know what exactly was wrong, but replacing it by Java8 (64-bit) found on /usr folder (exported as $JAVA_HOME) was enough to get it working properly.

Below the commands I used for it:
cd $ai_location
mv jre jre_orig
ln -s $JAVA_HOME/jre jre


No comments:

Post a Comment